- Samsung today its new flagship smartphones, the Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 Edge. The phones are set to go on sale on April 10, but pricing is yet to be announced.
- The phones are powered with 64-bit, 14-nanometre Exynos processors and run Android 5.0 Lollipop. The Galaxy S6 measures up at 143.4 x 70.5 x 6.8mm and weighs 138 grams. The Galaxy S6 Edge is slightly lighter at 142.1 x 70.1 x 7.0mm, and weighing 132 grams.
- The Galaxy S6 smartphones are the first Samsung devices to support wireless charging as a standard. They can be powered up with any WPC and PMA certified wireless charger. The handsets also have non-removable batteries, but Samsung claims they can get back up to four hours of battery life after 10 minutes of wired charging. The Galaxy S6 comes with a 2500mAh battery, while the S6 Edge has a 2600mAh battery.
- The Galaxy S6 Edge boasts a curved display on both sides, similar to Samsung’s previous Galaxy Note Edge. Both phones come with a 5.1in 2560×1440 resolution display with 577 PPI pixel density. They’re both fitted with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 display.
- The smartphones are fitted with a 16MP rear facing and 5MP front facing camera with F1.9 lenses. Samsung’s new ‘quick launch’ feature boasts a 0.7-second camera activation time from any screen by pressing the home button twice.
- Samsung also announced its new mobile payment service will be ready to use on the new smartphones. Samsung Pay will go directly head-to-head with Apple Pay, with the advantage of not requiring near-field communication technology to be installed in-store. Samsung Pay allows mobile payments to be processed through a magnetic strip card-reader without additional accessories.
- amsung is partnering with Mastercard and Visa to deliver Samsung Pay to what it predicts to be a possible 30 million merchants. The service will initially launch in the US and South Korea, with no announced plans for Australia. The company is also yet to detail any retailer or merchant partnerships.
The No iOS Zone lets attackers remotely crash any iPhone or iPad in wi-fi range. …